Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Snakes

SO you have read that Australia is a country with a lot of snakes in it....I am experiencing this first hand.

There is a rather large carpet snake living near the 'bin' or garbage receptacle at the Wyatt's where I work - keeping in mind they live in the country. Dwight picked him up off the road one day cause he looked like he had been run over. He put him on top of the bin - check him out!!! These are not poisonous.

The other much smaller and deadlier snake I discovered on my very own. One day as I was taking the garbage out the back gate, down the path beside our house to where the garbage bins sit...I noticed out of the corner of my eye a brown tail go by. It definitely startled me but I went on my merry way. I reported to Rick that I saw a snake and described it as brown and looked small...he says OK be really careful as that is probably a brown snake and very dangerous. I now leave the garbage for Rick to take out. Last weekend on a really nice warm day, Rick was doing just that and the little brown bugga (that's the oz accent coming out eh?!) was sunning himself. There are lots of broked cement blocks along the side, plus a few gas cylinders and bushes. Lots of hiding places. We had nothing sharp & heavy to clobber him with so took his picture instead. We have received many tips from people on how to catch the snake safely so we can dispose of him.
I will keep you posted on the happenings of my very own pet snake.

1 Comments:

Blogger bert said...

Who knew there was comment spam ?!

8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home